Creating Agile Organizations Workshop
Creating agile organizations is hard work, and requires patience, humour, and long-term commitment. It can take many years to simplify your organization and discover how to make agility work in your organization. But once you have been through all that, you ought to be able to react more effectively to changing market conditions
In this 3-day workshop, participants explore how to guide an Agile transformation and how it affects the organization design, from product definition, team composition, roles and responsibilities to your appraisal system. In particular, we delve into:
- The role of senior management.
- How to prepare your organization to successfully start your transformation.
- How to successfully launch a group to work in the new organization design.
- How to work with teams in a large group.
- How to guide the product ownership of a large product group.
The workshop is based on the book: Creating Agile Organizations, and uses a combination of instructor-led and activity-based learning where participants work in small groups. Participants leave this course with an understanding of agile organization design and guiding agile transformations.
- Understand how to work with senior management in the transformation process.
- Be able to design your organization for adaptability and highest value delivery.
- Be ready to study system’s dynamics to define the products and prepare the organization for change.
- Prepare and launch the incremental change in the organization.
- Understand the impact on management, processes and structure of your organization.
- Know how to launch and support the teams with practical coaching and facilitating techniques.
Agile Organization Design
- Designing for Adaptability.
- The key structural unit of an Agile Organization: The Product Group
- Impact on roles, structure and process.
- Flow Efficiency v.s. Resource Efficiency.
- 12 Organization Design Guides
- Organization Structure: How to structure the product group and surrounding organizational units.
- Processes & Integration: How to Coordinate and integrate across units
- People Practices
Preparing the Organization
- Adoption Approach
- Coaching for Change
- Understanding Current Reality
- Create a Perfection vision
- Defining your Product
- Designing your Product Group
Launching a Product Group
- Applying Systems Thinking to optimize for Adaptability
- Preparing the first iteration
- Setting coordination
- Team Lift offs
Supporting the Teams & Product Ownership
- Guiding Teams.
- Guiding Product Ownership
Certified – Creating Agile Organizations
All participants receive a Creating Agile Organizations certificate and get a copy of the book: Creating Agile Organizations.
Who Should Attend
The Creating Agile Organization workshop is for people in manager roles, change leads, senior consultants, coaches and Scrum Masters that support a large-scale Agile transformation effort.
By Cesario Ramos
Cesario Ramos works worldwide as a senior management consultant on large-scale Agile adoptions in the financial and high-tech industries. His international experience, a strong background in technology, and passion for people make him an influential partner in organization design and in leading the adoption of Agile. Cesario has an MSc in mathematics and computing science from the University of Eindhoven and is a Certified LeSS (Large-Scale Scrum) Trainer and Professional Scrum Trainer from Scrum.org. Outside of his consulting work, Cesario has served as a Java/C# developer, lead software architect, CTO, and product manager. He is also the author of Create Agile Organizations, A Scrum Book, and EMERGENT: Lean & Agile Adoption for an Innovative Workplace.