Certified Agile Organization Designer
What is most important for management to understand about being an Agile organization designer? That you understand that an organizational design is the primary factor in supporting or limiting the people’s possibility to effectively adapt to customer demand.
This course is about re-designing an organization into one that can respond effectively to market changes and delight the customer. It is about redesigning the organization into an Agile one as effectively and painlessly as possible to create continuous innovation and customer value.
To quote John Seddon: “Culture Change is Free. People’s behaviour is a product of their system”. In this 2-day course, participants explore how to guide an Agile transformation and how it affects the organization design, from product definition, team composition, roles and responsibilities to your appraisal system.
The course, developed by Cesario Ramos and Ilia Pavlichenko, is based on their book: Coaching Agile Organizations, uses a combination of instructor-led and activity-based learning where participants work in small groups.
Participants leave this course with an appreciation for the agile mindset and how to deal with common adoption mistakes. They gain the knowledge and understanding about how to make informed decisions about their transformation that will be most beneficial to their organization.
Course Learning Objectives
- Be able to design your organizations for adaptability and highest value delivery.
- Understand how to prepare, lead and sustain the transformation process.
- Understand the impact on management, processes and structure of your organization.
- Understand how you can help your organization take the next step.
Organizing for Adaptability
- What is an Agile Organization?
- Principles and Management Implications for Agility at Scale
- Typical mistakes when Scaling Agility
- Optimize for Flow efficiency instead of Resource Efficiency.
Agile Organization Designer
- From local team optimization to global product optimization
- The key structural unit of an Agile Organization: The Product Group
- Impact on roles, structure and process.
Organization Re-design Guides
- Organization Structure: How to structure the product group and surrounding organizational units.
- Processes & Integration: How to Coordinate and integrate across units
- People Practices
Coaching the Change Guides
- People Guides: How to deal with resistance, influence people, and make the change productive
- Change management practices
Becoming an Adaptable Organization
- Preparing and launching a Product Group
- Applying Systems Thinking to optimize for Adaptability
- Leading the transformation
Agile Organization Designer
All participants receive an Agile Organization Designer certificate and get a copy of the book: Creating Agile Organizations.
Who should Attend
The Agile Organization designer course is for people in manager roles that support an Agile adoption effort. We recommend that Tech, Business and senior management representatives attend, preferably together.
By Cesario Ramos
Cesario Ramos works worldwide as a senior management consultant on large-scale Agile adoptions in the financial and high-tech industries. His international experience, strong background in technology, and passion for people make him an influential partner in organization design and in leading the adoption of Agile. Cesario has a MSc in mathematics and computing science from the University of Eindhoven and is also a Certified LeSS (Large-Scale Scrum) Trainer and Professional Scrum Trainer from Scrum.org. Outside of his consulting work, Cesario has served as a Java/C# developer, lead software architect, CTO, and product manager. He is also the author of Create Agile Organizations, A Scrum Book, and EMERGENT: Lean & Agile Adoption for an Innovative Workplace.