Why Isn’t Your Current Approach to Scaling Agile Working?
31 March 2019
The paper ‘Why Isn’t Your Current Approach to Scaling Agile Working?” written by Cesario Ramos co-authors with Kurt Bittner was recently published on InfoQ.
Having trouble scaling your agility? You’re not alone; even organizations who have agile success in isolated pockets have trouble scaling that agility to the broader organization. The challenges express themselves in familiar patterns. Do any of these look familiar?
- Your copy of another organization’s model doesn’t work
- Your organization’s design conflicts with the goal of agility
- You are trying to “copy and paste” what works for one team to all teams
- You are independently optimizing different parts of the organization
- You are under-invested in agile engineering practices
In this paper, we discuss common systemic challenges for scaling agility. We close with a comparison between the approach to these challenges by popular scaling frameworks.
You can read the complete paper at InfoQ here.
Cesario works on large scale Agile transformations worldwide and is the author of the books Emergent and A Scrum Book. He is also a Certified LeSS Trainer, a Professional Scrum Trainer™ and a certified coach.